It’s often very difficult to get the kids motivated to help out around the house or to do their chores without alot of prodding from you. Here’s a great tip one mom used to help turn the family chores into a game:
1. Cut your cardstock squares to fit your foam board. Lay them out to check and make sure they will work.
2. Write down different chores/cleaning tasks on each card and brainstorm a list of simple and fun activities you could do once you are done and get four in a row! You could also brainstorm a list of adventures to go on that are extra special once all the bigger tasks are done (in our case that would be when the spring cleaning tasks are done).
3. Categorize the activities by importance using stickers. (For example, rainbow stickers could mean the task could happen later in the day, frog stickers could mean that they need to happen now!)
4. Put the task cards in labeled envelopes and hang your game board somewhere you can see it.
5. Choose several task cards and hang them up with tape.